This section of Scientific Spectator provides information on two closely related terms in the personal care industry and offers insights into the salient differences in the terms. This information was originally published in electronic form by Cosmetics & Toiletries magazine under the heading Comparatively Speaking. Tony O’Lenick prepared this data, which ran from 2006 to 2012. Please click on the topic for more information.
Comparatively Speaking – more Than 100 Topics of Relevant, Fundamental Concepts of Chemistry by Anthony J. O’Lenick.
- Sun Protection vs. Broad Spectrum Protection October 10, 2006
- Conventional vs. Transfer-resistant Lipstick October 25, 2006
- Patent vs. Trade Secret November 2, 2011
- Density vs. Specific Gravity April 26, 2011
- Wetting vs. Superwetting February 2, 2011
- Solubility vs. Extraction April 24, 2012
- Maceration vs. Decoction May 8, 2012
- Bacteriostatic vs. Bacteriocidal June 20, 2006
- Entanglement vs. Overlap May 11, 2011
- US FDA Categories of Hand Sanitizer Actives September 23, 2009
Please check back on a regular basis as more content will be added.
What is the difference? ™ is a trademark of SurfaTech Corporation